Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Unrealistic

If you look at any Disney Chanel TV show, you can see what I am talking about. There are unrealistic scripts with unrealistic characters. Confused? Well, how about I give an example. Lets take the show Ant Farm. It is about middle school kids going to high school because they have a gift. Each of them is a genius in a different way. (eg. Photographic memory, gifted musician ect.) This show irks me. All of the authority figures are portrayed as idiotic. In real life, parents and other authority figures are smart and we are to respect them. The situations that come up in these TV shows are simply unrealistic. I do not like unrealistic plots or characters. I think a good piece of literature is relateable but just different enough to create interest.
Your thoughts?
~Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment