Wednesday, April 11, 2012

L is for Lets Pretend its J and Call it Justify

I know, I cheated. Oh well.

Battle scenes, romance, friendship.... they add a lot to a story--if done correctly.

Why is your MC head-over-heels in love with this other person? Why am I going to believe their love? Why are other readers going to believe it?

Why does one character hold a grudge over another?  How is it justified? 


I find that often, the author knows everything in their head--why this character is angry, why they are in love, why they are good friends. In fact, they know it so well that often, they forget to put it in the literal book.

That happened a lot with my previous project. I knew how important my MC was, but I didn't take the time to explain it to my readers.

So tell me, why? 


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment