Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tozer

As anyone who has looked at my ginormous list of quotes would know, I love quoting A. W. Tozer, so I thought I would put one of his prayers on for W.O.P. (WeekOfPrayer). I've been having a lot of spiritual attacks lately, and this is a prayer that really helps me in those hard times. If you haven't read anything of his, you really should. This prayer can be found in the first page of the second chapter of Knowledge of the Holy:

Lord, how great is our dilemma! In Thy Presence silence best becomes us, but love inflames our hearts and constrains us to speak.
Were we  to hold our peace the stones would cry out; yet if we speak, what shall we say? Teach us to know that we cannot know, for the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Let faith support us where reason fails, and we shall think because we believe, not in order that we may believe.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment