Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wow.

Ok, I just realized that I haven't posted since January 18th.

W.O.W.

I'm seriously so sorry about that. I've been really busy lately, and haven't had as much time to post. But that will change--now. From now on, I promise to post a LOT more.

So, without further ado. . .

Remember when I talked to you about that contest at Scribbles and Ink Stains? Yesterday was the final day for entering, but I encourage you to check out the wining stories later on. Anyway. . .

Here is the story I sent in. Tell me what you think!




Mirror

I looked into the eyes of the person that I could never stand to look at before.The person I had hated; the person I had wronged. The person I always thought was ugly and fat. The person that threw up everything she ate because she didn’t feel good. The person who I had seen spent countless sums of money at beauty parlors to try to make herself look decent. 

The person who thought that outside beauty was all that mattered, and that thought that was what everyone else thought, too. The person I had always been disgusted with.

Yet then, I looked at her with new eyes.

She had a lovely form, dark auburn hair, and beautiful brown eyes.

She didn’t have any make up on then, and I honestly thought she looked better without it. 

Actually, she stood a little taller than the last time I saw her, prouder almost.

But those weren’t the only changes in her.

She became a Christian. God had been working in her soul, teaching her things. He taught her that God looks at the heart, and that she didn’t need superficial beauty.

I grinned and turned away from the mirror. 

~Elizabeth 

1 comment: