Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Adventures of Lein ~ Part 3

~Leslie

I got a tie from my voters, a) and b), so I chose to use option b) Take the food to the Dragon Master.




Lein walked down the beautifully decorated hallway. There were lustrous tapestries of red and gold hanging on the wall. She walked into the third door on the left and saw a magnificent dining room. The ceiling was at least twenty feet tall with designs of red, gold and purple. The Dragon Master motioned for Lein to bring the tray towards him. He was speaking into a bowl of water where the image of the Master of Animals was rippling.
      "I am telling you Orinn, stay away from the Master of Trees! He is nothing good. I have been reading the ancient scrolls to see if there is precedent to dismiss the Master of a territory. I have had no luck so far."
Lein frowned. She had never heard of a Master being dismissed.
      "Well Rorak, He has given me only the kindest of greetings and has gifted me with many things, even the jeweled compass."
       "The Jeweled Compass!? He has it?!"
       "I have it now. I am bringing it to you at the next meeting of the Masters."
Lein's face went pale. The Jeweled Compass was a magical item that supposedly told the future path of the user.
        "And have you picked a new Dragon apprentice? Ever since Erron died, you have been sulking in that palace with that dragon of yours and you keep refusing all the ones that the counsel offered to you."
        "I need to find The One."
        "Ha! The One. That is an old wives tale! There is no One."
The One! The mythical Master of Dragons who would bring peace to the world. He or She was the awaited hero of the land. All of a sudden, the Dragon Master saw that Lein was still in the room.
        "I must go. I will see you at the meeting. Good Bye."
He waved his hand over the bowl before Orinn could say anything more.
        " Thank you for the meal, Lein. Please do not let yourself be bothered by the affairs of a Dragon Master."
         Rorak began to eat.



What should Lein do?

a) Leave to explore the palace
b) Stay and ask the Dragon Master about his conversation
c) Visit the Dragon pens
d) Take a nap

1 comment: