Monday, May 7, 2012

Something New

Generally my creativity grows a lot during the spring, and I try a lot of new things.

Consider music, for example. It  has always been something I have had a lot of interest in. I love listening to it, and I love watching others make it. Yet, I had never been able to make any on my own, due to a mediocre at best singing voice and no music lessons. 

I figured that I was thirteen and that most people that played an instrument started out at like five. Which, in some cases, is true.....but it is not absolute. There are plenty of people that start things later then others and still do very well in them. 

So, over the past two months, I have been taking piano lessons every other week. And now, though I'm at a beginner level... I'm playing. And it sounds good

I encourage you to actually try that thing you've been thinking about for a while. You might like it... and you  just might be good at it.

Have you ever had a time where you tried something new? Are you still doing it?  

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. You are never too old to start something new, look at Grandma Moses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my 15th birthday I got a cello, and I longed to have those extra ten years of experience that every good cellist had by my age. I haven't been playing much recently, but now that school's out I plan to get back into the habit of playing every day.
    -Abby

    ReplyDelete