Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Procrastination

Do you procrastinate? I most certainly do. My posting at 9:30 PM is proof of that.

I don't know why  I have a tendency of being lazy, even when there is work to be done, but I do. Now, I realize fully that this isn't healthy and that I am in full power of stopping, but the thing is I don't want to stop.

Procrastination is fun! But just because something is fun doesn't mean it's good for us. In fact, sometimes it's quite the opposite.

I am home-schooled, so I basically can be done with school when all of my books are done. There are some years when I will get filled with motivation and have most of my subjects done by mid-May. Yet, there are other years (such as this year) when I will procrastinate so much that it won't be done until the end of June. And once I'm done with school, I can procrastinate away--so why do I do it during the school year, when I should be working?

If it doesn't benefit us and constantly gets us into trouble, why do we do it? Your thoughts?


~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. William ShakespeareMay 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

    Yeah. Procrastination is pretty much my "thing". ;P I think you totally nailed it when you said procrastination was fun. As for what "it" is, i have no idea. Anyway, as I am homeschooled also, I have the same system, and the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont find procrastination fun but rather depressing. Because when I procrastinate I find myself to be lazy and irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete