Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Metaphors

Have you ever used them? I love metaphors! For me, it takes writing to a whole new level--because I'm writing about something I'm zealous about, and re-creating it so that it becomes even more meaningful and deep to me personally.

I personally like writing metaphors about my faith in God. Some people like other things. It's just such a way to make things that were already important so real to us.

It makes me really think about what I'm writing. Sometimes, I involve them in small ways throughout a book, and others the whole story is a metaphor.

Take Lord of the Rings, for example. It's an incredible book, but it also means something. Tolkien's world of Middle Earth reflected his faith.

What about you?  Do you like using metaphors? If so, what do you like writing them about?

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment